Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Carport Repair...Thank Goodness!


I had been noticing over the last year or so that the carport was getting a wee bit of a sway in its roof.  What I did not know was that the wood ants or termites had eaten about three inches off one post!  OMG.  I had installed three other posts with the metal feet when I moved into the house and for some dumb reason I did not repair this particular post. This carport is about to fall down on my Mini!!  I called good friend Charlie...Help!  After assessing the situation he said..."Yup....You have a problem!!"  So we looked at the post this way and we looked at the post that way until we (I should really say "He") decided on the correct course of action.  Out came the skill saw, two hammers, extra 2X4's, the Farm Jack, sledge hammer, crow bar, along with the foot plate I had bought with some metal plate supports the day before.  The scariest part was when a lone 2X4 held up the whole carport while he cut the leg off (for a total of seven inches).  Charlie is a hero and everything is back to normal, with the exception of some paint to beautify the new post.  My Mini is safe and sound from the carport collapsing. Thank goodness!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great information. If you want to know more about carport, Check our services you can visit:http://www.prodecksbrisbane.com.au/
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete